Welcome to the website of SustainergyNet
SustainergyNet is a Coordination and Support Action (CSA), initiated in August 2008 under the European Union's 7th Framework Programm - Programm Environment. It focusses on integrating civil, scientific and stakeholder knowledge towards sustainable energy policy in Africa. In line with the EU's commitments to strengthening civil participation and to fostering a global approach to the issue of sustainable development, SustainergyNet aims at promoting the engagement of CSOs in Africa in the field of research policy agenda setting concerning sustainable and efficient energy management.
This has been done in three major steps:
(1) an assessment of already existing ways of CSO integration and participation in the field of energy , of current best practices and major weaknesses and needs;
(2) the formulation of a set of recommendations; and
(3) the elaboration of a networking tool (SustainergyWeb) intended to promote and facilitate the exchange between the civil society and stakeholders from the research and policy-making level.
SustainergyNet has been implemented over a duration of 24 months by a consortium of experts from the EU and Africa, coordinated by IDC.
- Download the SustainergyNet Recommendations Folder in English
- Download the SustainergyNet Recommendations Folder in French
- FIRST SUSTAINERGYNET NEWSLETTER / FRENCH VERSION / الرواية العربية
- SECOND SUSTAINERGYNET NEWSLETTER / FRENCH VERSION / الرواية العربية
- THIRD SUSTAINERGYNET NEWSLETTER / FRENCH VERSION / الرواية العربية